Switching accounts to get around whitelisting is not in the spirit of the
reason whitelisting exists. If your application needs more requests than the
default rate limits provided to applications, you should request being
whitelisted for increased rate limits.

You can apply for expanded rate limiting here:
http://twitter.com/help/request_whitelisting

Here's a portion of the relevant Terms of Service regarding rate limiting:

"3. Your use of the Twitter API and Twitter Content are subject to certain
limitations on access, calls, and use of the Twitter API as set forth on
dev.twitter.com or as otherwise provided to you by Twitter. If Twitter
reasonably believes that you have attempted to exceed or circumvent the rate
limits, your ability to use the Twitter API and Twitter Content may be
temporarily or permanently blocked. Twitter may monitor your use of the
Twitter API to improve the Twitter service and to ensure your compliance
with these Rules."

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod