I just wanted to make everyone aware that this issue is open and being
tracked [1]. Any progress or developments will be posted on that
thread.

If you are experiencing a problem with since_id I encourage you to
read my comment [2].

Thank you,
Matt

1. http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1154