> Can you provide some links to the repeated tweets? While things were at
> their worse last night, it was very easy for duplicate updates to get
> processed but that shouldn't be the case now.

We manually deleted them and it now appears to have stopped.

> Are you sure that the client you were using isn't trying to re-post tweets
> on your behalf, thinking they haven't been posted yet?

At first I thought it might be on our end.  As we use the API to make
tweets via a custom script in our CMS.  However, the script records
successful posts and then stops posting and the repeating tweet was
recorded as a successful post and our system never sent it to Twitter
again.

Anyway it appears to have stopped so I guess all is good.  :)