I read in the documentation example the following.
 Authorization: OAuth realm="http://photos.example.net/";,
                oauth_consumer_key="dpf43f3p2l4k3l03",
                oauth_token="nnch734d00sl2jdk",
                oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",
                oauth_signature="tR3%2BTy81lMeYAr%2FFid0kMTYa%2FWM
%3D",
                oauth_timestamp="1191242096",
                oauth_nonce="kllo9940pd9333jh",
                oauth_version="1.0"

Is this header required?


On Aug 19, 11:23 am, Mukha Mudra <chandran.biju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok tried that.
> Base url
> POST&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2Foauth
> %2Frequest_token&oauth_consumer_key
> %3D*******************************************%26oauth_signature_method
> %3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_nonce%3Dkh2147483647%26oauth_timestamp
> %3D1282198197%26oauth_version%3D1.0
>
> When i use https i get Twitter Is Over Capacity
> When i use http i get 401 Unauthorised
> I am trying to access from a SYmbian Http client.Will that make any
> difference?
> The User Agent in header is "SimpleClient 1.0"
>
> On Aug 19, 11:05 am, Mukha Mudra <chandran.biju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Thanks Matt let me try that.. I read in the documentation that
> > oauth_version is OPTIONAL and if not submitted the Service Provider
> > will take it as 1.0. Anyways will try that. Also can you tell me
> > should be using just http or https for url?
>
> > On Aug 19, 10:43 am, Matt Harris <thematthar...@twitter.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi Mukha,
>
> > > Your base string and API seems to be missing the oauth_version parameter
> > > which you should be setting to 1.0. Also, the URL in your base string is
> > > seems to be missing the protocol 'http'. Yours starts POST&%3A%2F%2F when 
> > > it
> > > should be POST&http%3A%2F%2F
>
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > Matt
>
> > > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Mukha Mudra 
> > > <chandran.biju...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > > Thanks Taylor.
> > > > I changed that and base string is now like this
> > > > POST&%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2Foauth
> > > > %2Frequest_token&oauth_consumer_key%3D*************************
> > > > %26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp
> > > > %3D1282189027%26oauth_nonce%3Dkh432142249
>
> > > > I call the url with query parameters according to the Jane example
> > > > provided in Appendix of documentation.
>
> > > >http://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token?oauth_consumer_key=*******...
>
> > > > But now i get "401 Unauthorized"
> > > > I have checked my consumer key and secret key.They seem to be
> > > > alright.What could be happening?
> > > > Should open another post for this?
>
> > > > On Aug 19, 12:17 am, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > There are many elements to Twitter, the API, and the stack the runs 
> > > > > the
> > > > > whole site. It is possible, though rare, that you'll see this error in
> > > > other
> > > > > conditions.
>
> > > > > Looking at your signature base string here, I notice that you don't
> > > > include
> > > > > a separator between the URL you are executing and the parameters -- 
> > > > > that
> > > > > first %26 you have in your signature base string shouldn't be 
> > > > > encoded..
> > > > it
> > > > > should just be "&" as it works as a separator between portions:
>
> > > > > $HTTP_METHOD + "&" percent_encoded($REQUEST_URI) + "&"
> > > > > percent_encoded($URL_ENCODED_PARAMETERS)
>
> > > > > Taylor
>
> > > > > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Tom van der Woerdt <i...@tvdw.eu>
> > > > wrote:
>
> > > > > > On 8/18/10 8:24 PM, Mukha Mudra wrote:
> > > > > > > Hi All,
> > > > > > >           I just began to connect a Symbian application to Twitter
> > > > via
> > > > > > > the REST API.
>
> > > > > > > The base URL used in signature is as follows
> > > > > > > POST&%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2Foauth%2Frequest_token
> > > > > > > %26oauth_consumer_key%3D***************************
> > > > > > > %26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp
> > > > > > > %3D1282155396%26oauth_nonce%3Dkh511263264
>
> > > > > > > In response i get the Twitter Over Capacity html page.
>
> > > > > > > Since I have just begun , I am not sure that apart from server
> > > > > > > overloading , by any chance, does a wrong invocation of the API 
> > > > > > > also
> > > > > > > gives this error.
>
> > > > > > > Regards
> > > > > > > Biju
>
> > > > > > It does not.
>
> > > > > > Tom
>
> > > --
>
> > > Matt Harris
> > > Developer Advocate, Twitterhttp://twitter.com/themattharris

Reply via email to