Nearly all the users on my dabr install are Chinese and have found it
via word of mouth.
Once BasicAuth is turned off I plan to close the page down.

I was considering a man-in-the-middle OAuth dance, in which anyone who
trusted me gave me their username and password. I did the dance and
gave them the keys, which they could then copy and paste in to the
site.

But, I don't speak Chinese, couldn't be bothered to put the few lines
of code in which would allow them to enter keys, and didn't want the
responsibility of suddenly having the whole of Chine asking me to do
the same for them so that they too could also have access.

Ryan