You'll have to change clients, but you can obtain the required tokens
to do the same calls. Changing auth schemes shouldn't change what you
can get out of the API. Once you setup your user's app/ids the same
whitelist applies. I just finished my conversion yesterday and
everything's working the same.

I use this now:
http://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth/tree/master/twitteroauth/

Go up a directory from there to see samples.