Hi Rushikesh,

OAuth replaces Basic Auth as the way to authenticate with the Twitter
API. If you application didn't require a users password before you
won't need it now. In this situation you will probably find this
document helpful:
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_single_token

If, on the other hand, you were asking users for their username and
password you will need to ask the user to grant your application
access to their account. This process is explained in the Basic to
OAuth transition document:
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/basic_to_oauth

The oauth_single_token page listed above contains information about
some OAuth libraries. We list others which you may want to try here:
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_libraries

Regarding your question about not using authentication. If your
application doesn't need to make any authenticated calls you could
just curl the server for information. If you need to request
information from an endpoint which we require authentication for you
will need to use OAuth.

Also, as Justin said, if your account was whitelisted before, it will
be whitelisted on OAuth.

Hope that helps,
Matt

--