Hey everyone,

I've updated the Tweet Button docs today with information which I hope
will answer a number of your questions. In particular the example
about using a short URL with the parameter data-counturl should help
those of you whose counts are staying at 0.
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_button#using-shorturl

For reference the documentation URLs are:
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_button
and
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_button_faq

Hope that helps,