I've been reading that it is planned, but is it ever going to happen?
Facebook does hits, Google Friend Connect does this (subsequently
provides Twitter login as well through their API), so why can't
twitters own API? Just pass a authorized key and secret with the
cookie so we can through it through the OAuth request. This is making
it an absolute nightmare to provide "single sign-on" for Twitter users
as can be done with Facebook connect. 99% sites out there can't only
superficially log users in with JS "prettiness". They need to be
stored inside the database so access permissions and what have you may
function.