Yaemog:

You are right, he does say he is posting to his Twitter Page and that
he is using oAuth. My bad...

So there is something else going on.

- Check that authentication was successful. The rate limit should be
higher if he has successfully authenticated.
- Check the return message from Twitter. When I see a 403 Twitter also
sends a response that tells me why the 403 was returned.
- Make sure there is no other program using the same Twitter
Application name; the other application will draw down the rate limit.