Unfortunately my previous message did not come across correcty, since
my example sentences were changed in url's and this changed the
original content. I will give below the sentence used, but without the
"http://mywebsite.com"; part, so the original text is readable:

The typed message was: /page.php?para1=this&para2=that

The message shown in the tweet was: /page.php?para=this&para2=that

If Twitter does not recognize part of the message as a url,  it levaes
the & intact. I am not sure how to solve this with the message
creation.