I have a Perl routine that will dump your most recent 3200 tweets to a CSV file. That's the most anyone can get using the API at the moment. It's bundled in the Social Media Analytics Research Toolkit, but you can find the source in

https://github.com/znmeb/SUSE-Studio-Appliances/blob/master/SMART-at-znmeb/Desktop/Demos/Tweets/Tweets.pl

and

https://github.com/znmeb/SUSE-Studio-Appliances/blob/master/SMART-at-znmeb/Desktop/Demos/TwitterUtilities.pm

It doesn't use authentication, so it only gets 150 API calls per hour. It's based on Marc Mims' Net::Twitter::Lite.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Sarah K <sarahannal...@gmail.com>:

Hi,

First, let me start by apologizing for asking a question that I know I
could answer for myself with enough googling, or simply implement
myself by studying the API docs. I would do so... if I could. But
that's kind of difficult for me right now.

The question: can someone point me to a tool, or piece of sample code,
that can dump all my tweets into a text file? Or at least, the last
several months worth? Preferably Java or Python code.

The reason: I may have had a small, "silent" heart attack about mid-
September. And, strangely enough, my tweets at the time might help my
doctor and I pinpoint the approximate date of the "incident", because
I sometimes tweet about my exercise habits. But I need the tweets all
in a pile I can sort through easily.

Unfortunately, given that I'm still feeling very unwell, I just don't
have the energy to figure out how to get my historical tweet data in a
form that would help me do this analysis, or to write the code myself
to do so.

Can anyone help me out with this? Somebody must have a tool to do
this, right? Something that just dumps all my tweets into a plain text
file, respects the API rate limits, etc?

Thanks for any help you can offer. If I wind up needing to make any
mods to open source code, I'll be more than happy to share any changes
I make, if appropriate.

Sarah K

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk