I am a uni student, I am very new to the twitter api, i have been
making an aplication in "Processing" to show tweets coming up on a
world map in real time. im not trying to get the post its the geocodes
i want, with lots of help from people here and on the processing
forums i have made it so that it plotts the geocode in my application
as a dot and this will represent twitter posts from all around the
world.

link to a picture of my app to give you an idea:

http://yfrog.com/b7worldstarmapj

here is the quiry i am using:

search.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json?
location=-168.75,9.79,158.90,83.02

The problem i am getting is that i am getting a twitter post about
every 30 seconds with this and after about 5/10 posts it stops feeding
me the posts and wont let me connect for about another hour.

OVER VIEW OF WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE

- geocode of posts from all around the would not just one place
- i dont need what they have posted but if i get it then its a bonus
- i need to be able to recieve this information at a reasonable speed
(i dont know if im allowed because of the quiry limit)
- any sugestions of different quirys or code are VERY WELCOME

here is my processing code is anyone is interested:

import com.twitter.processing.*;
//

// test tweet counting (not sure if it will work)
int tweetCount;
// this stores how many tweets we've gotten
int tweets = 0;
// and this stores the text of the last tweet
String tweetText = "";
Geo tweetGeo;

double lati, longi;
float latiFl, longiFl,latiMap, longiMap;

int textsize;

void setup() {
  size(1000,600);
    background(0);

  // set up twitter stream object
  TweetStream s = new TweetStream(this, "search.twitter.com", 80,
  "1/statuses/filter.json?location=-168.75,9.79,158.90,83.02",
  "Usser", "PASSWORD");
  s.go();
  smooth();
}

void draw() {

   fill(0);
  rect(0,450,1000,150);

  textsize = 12;
  // set up fonts
  PFont font;
  font = createFont("ArialMT-48.vlw", textsize);
  textFont(font);
  textSize(textsize);

  fill(255);

   //converts double to float
  latiFl = (float)lati;
  longiFl = (float)longi;

  //map value to screen
  latiMap = map(latiFl, -90, 90, 0, width);
  longiMap = map(longiFl, -180, 180, 0, height);

  // and draw the text of the last tweet

  text(tweetText, 20, 520);
  // adn its lat and long
  text("lat = " + lati + " long = " + longi,20,560);

  text("number of tweets:" +tweetCount, 880, 580);

  for( int i = 0; i < 7000; i++){
    fill(255);
    ellipse(latiMap, longiMap, 5,5);
   /* fill(0);
    rect(0,500,1000,100);
    */
  }

}

// called by twitter stream whenever a new tweet comes in
void tweet(Status tweet) {
  // print a message to the console just for giggles if you like
  // println("got tweet " + tweet.id());

  // store the latest tweet text
  tweetText = tweet.text();
  tweetGeo = tweet.geo();

  lati = tweetGeo.latitude();
 longi = tweetGeo.longitude();

  println("lat = " + lati + " long = " + longi);
  // bump our tweet count by one
  tweets += 1;

  println("number of tweets:" +tweetCount);
  tweetCount++;
}

thanks for looking