Our app is using twitter4j 2.1.9-SNAPSHOT against the twitter firehose, and
lately we are having problems with the stream "just ending" out of the
blue.  It happens several times a day lately with no rhyme or reason.
Here's an example of what we see:

Stream closed.TwitterException{exceptionCode=[a3652dee-000a1c7a
a3652dee-000a1c35], statusCode=-1, retryAfter=0, rateLimitStatus=null,
version=2.1.9-SNAPSHOT}
        at
twitter4j.AbstractStreamImplementation.handleNextElement(AbstractStreamImplementation.java:149)
        at twitter4j.StatusStreamImpl.next(StatusStreamImpl.java:74)
        at
twitter4j.TwitterStream$TwitterStreamConsumer.run(TwitterStream.java:687)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: the end of the stream has been reached
        at
twitter4j.AbstractStreamImplementation.handleNextElement(AbstractStreamImplementation.java:80)
        ... 2 more

We call cleanUp and then reconnect to the firehose, and then the same thing
happens again.  Eventually we get temporarily rate limited due to the
reconnect attempts.

I'm wondering if anybody else out there has seen this issue on the firehose,
or if anybody has a suggestion on how to avoid or work around it?  Is the
likely cause on twitter's side, or could something on the client side be
causing this?

Thanks,
Dan