Hey Dan,

If you fall too far behind when receiving the stream we will disconnect
you. Check the timestamp of the Tweets being received to the time on your
computer. If the times are drifting further apart you are falling behind.

The most common reasons for falling behind are:
1. You are attempting to process the stream in the same code that consumes
them - instead of running a queuing system.
2. Your connection is being used by other processes reducing your available
bandwidth.

As Tom suggested, run through the Streaming Documentation linked to from
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api and make sure you implement the
suggestions.

Best,
@themattharris