Not seeing these issues, but I'm not using the firehose, so that probably explains it. However : * To avoid being rate limited, please read this document (and implement it, because reading the document won't solve it):
<http://dev.twitter.com/pages/user_streams_suggestions#StreamingConnectionFailure>
* These errors are probably because the firehose stream has to restart sometimes, for example for updates.

Tom