Thanks for the reply David, happy holidays too!

I tried with your suggestion, however the following cURL command in
shell script still cannot export search result to a .txt file:

curl
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,15km&lang=en&rpp=100&page=1
>> searchrecord.txt

The screen display says something like:

[1]   Done                    curl
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,15km
[2]-  Done                    lang=en
[3]+ Done                    rpp=100

And apparently the "lang" parameter sometimes doesn't work: I still
get tweets in other languages.

What I don't understand is that a simple parameter query works fine,
and the output is like:

curl http://search.twitter.com/search.json?geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,15km
>> searchrecord.txt
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
100 10488  100 10488    0     0  14541      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:-- 52806

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
epomqo