Thanks Adam. I will carefully look at the results from the "lang"
parameter.

>From the screen display above:

[1]   Done                    curl
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,15km
[2]-  Done                    lang=en
[3]+ Done                    rpp=100

It seems that the last two parameters "lang" and "rpp" are not treated
together with the main cURL command, and they don't really affect the
search result. I also don't get 100 results after adding the "rpp"
command. Have you ever succeed in running such a multi-parameter query
with cURL and getting an output file?

Many thanks,
epomqo