I'd say: get rid of xAuth, get rid of this problem (and probably a lot of other problems as well).

Tom

On 2/2/11 6:36 PM, Naveen Ayyagari wrote:
Not that I am advocating any change because I prefer the way it works now.

But this has been a point of confusion for some of our users as well.

The issue stems from when a user uses xAuth to authenticate, they understand it
as they have used their password so if they change the app should no longer
have access. When a user uses the OAuth flow on the web, they generally seem to
understand they are granting access to the application regardless of password.

Some other services  that use xAuth like authorization schemes will actually
invalidate the OAuth connection when the user changes their password IF they
have been authorized using the xAuth like mechanism.  This is confusing for us
as the developer, but seems to make sense to the majority of users.

I think this is more of a user education issue than an actual technical issue..

--Naveen