On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:25:59 +0100, Tom van der Woerdt <i...@tvdw.eu> wrote:
I'd prefer London or some other West-European city.

I'm guessing it will be in SFO, given how closely the Twitter team worked with the developers last year. They can't fly a few hundred folks to NYC or London. The question is *where* in SFO - Fort Mason wasn't particularly well suited for a "barcamp-style" conference with breakout sessions, wifi, etc. The noise level / acoustics were unacceptable.

But really, unless they're going for late May - early June, they need to get some planning done now. Google I/O sold out in 59 minutes, and actually the scuttlebutt is that it was actually sold out for all practical purposes as soon as the web site went live - "invited" attendees had already scooped up most of the tickets. I'm not saying I think Chirp will be *that* popular, but I'm guessing a lot of people who didn't get in last year will want to come this year.
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős