Change the message so that it can go into their activity stream
instead of a DM. It may be that you have less information, but a
"@storeowner, You just received an order" is better than nothing.
Granted with DM you could include more information, but at least a
generic message would suffice to have them complete the order
fulfillment.

Hope this helps give you some other ideas.