Hi Stu,

I'm also interested in the mentioned question).
Link that I've shared should work for you, just take a note that it
will work only for replied statuses.
I know the ID of my status (tweet) which was reply to another one, so
if we'll pass this ID to the call:
http://search.twitter.com/search/thread/53014618771165184

Twitter will show you a conversation page, however sometimes it works
strange.
Does anybody know right way how to obtain conversation thread from the
Twitter?

Regards,
George