Hello Marcelo,

Semiocast had released some time ago an API that could be used for what you are
trying to do.
You can look it up here: http://developer.semiocast.com/
More specifically, for a tutorial on using the API on tweets:
  http://developer.semiocast.com/tutorial/twitter

Hope you'll find this interesting.

Bear in mind that, as you say, interpreting what the user wrote can sometime be
really difficult (even for a human), but statistically we have some decent
results.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles

PS: I'm resending this email as the first one did not went through...