Hello,

There have been a lot of opinions voiced about how this is being implemented.
This not only proves troublesome for xAuth clients, but it lends me to worry
about how the future of permissions will evolve. Effectively now, every single
Twitter user needs to get their application re-authed for the new tokens to
provide DM access by the end of the month.

The Facebook style of using a 'scope' for individual permissions is so much
more viable. I also believe that the API should provide a lookup for the
permissions that a set of credentials currently provides. I honestly believe
that going down the 'scope' route for permissions will be a lot better for all
concerned. When new permissions are introduced to the API in the future, it
would be a small matter of updating the requesting scope for the application
developer, rather than completely rewriting chunks of code.

I'd like a response from Matt, Taylor or Raffi on this matter and the plans for
future permissions and their implementation.

--
Scott Wilcox

@dordotky | sc...@dor.ky | http://dor.ky
+44 (0) 7538 842418 | +1 (646) 827-0580