I'm totally with you guys on the value of switching to web intents,
and we recommend all our customers doing new implementations use them.
However, there are just too many legacy implementations against the
"old hack", as Taylor deemed it, for you to expect everyone to switch
over in such a timeframe. For a very long time the /?status= method
was the only way to tweet from a website and web intents are only a
few months old, so I hope you guys don't diminish the priority of
fixing this bug just because you want to force everyone to the new way
of doing things.

-jonathan