Hey everyone,

The sad reality is that the way it's being taken in the news is that
"twitter is doing this because developers have been abusing their
privacy." We know this is not the case, we know we just need access
them to provide them the feeds that they WANT to see, by virtue of the
fact that they downloaded an app that clearly states it can do this.
If any of you wouldn't mind jumping into this article and setting a
few people straight, that'd be great:
http://mashable.com/2011/05/18/twitter-permissions/

(see comments)

Best,