Gentlefolk,

        There is a problem with the web view/three legged OAuth mechanism.

        The OAuth sign-in mechanism gives no indication to either the browser
or an embedded web view that the user has pressed "No, Thanks". In both login
methods, our app is left hanging in the middle of a login process. This is
extremely user unfriendly. It also forces me, to handle this case, to use the
embedded web view. When I do so, I can add a cancel button to my sign-in UI.
This makes for a less than elegant view of Twitter's sign-in process. (As an
iOS developer, elegance is valued by my customers.) By the way, if the user
presses the "No, Thanks" button twice, then Twitter returns a slightly
different form submission. Sniffing for this case is fragile.

        My question: Am I in error? Does Twitter return a different callback
value for the "No, Thanks" case. If not, I humbly request that Twitter add this
important, for a better user experience, notification.

Anon,
Andrew

P.S. Allow me to point out that the API login and permissions process at
Twitter's competitor, Facebook, always provides a separate success and failure
callback. While that may be unimportant to Twitter, it does show a different
implementation path could be taken with an API.

Andrew W. Donoho
Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.
a...@ddg.com, +1 (512) 750-7596, twitter.com/adonoho

"To take no detours from the high road of reason and social responsibility."
    -- Marcus Aurelius