> hi everyone,
>
> still working on my ftp service server.

[...snip...]

> The exceptions are triggered because the Client used within the thread is nil.
> what i don't understand is why, although i set delayedsend to true,
> the ftp server begins to open the data connection and says the file is sent ?
>
> any clue ?

besides, i've noticed that it happens only when the server (as a service) has
some "visual form".
i've used your "special unit", Wilfried... it works very well except that it
seems that when
you build an visual application, and transform it as a service (with or without
wilfried's unit)
keeping the visual part, there're some weird stuff with messages, message pump,
etc...

i'm not using particuliar stuff within that service, except for some DB comps
and self made visual comp
to enhance a bit the visual part.

that's all.

i really don't know why there can be such things. i've been through debugging
for several hours,
looking at françois' code - which seems working well. But i don't see
anything...

The other part of the thing is that if the service is made as a non-visual
application (no log window or anything else)
it seems to work perfectly.

François, i think you got the point (using an http server as a small client
application).

but that's a bit annoying...

Guillaume MAISON
-----
Guillaume MAISON - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
83, Cours Victor Hugo
47000 AGEN
Tél : 05 53 87 91 48 - Fax : 05 53 68 73 50
e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Web : http://nauteus.com