Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
>> I would bet that a buffered stream class would boost performance
>> dramatically.
>
> I do recall a recent discussion about buffered class, but can not find
> it.  Note sure how easy it would be to add, due to some of the 64-bit
> issues.

I never got those changes made across Delphi versions 4-6 concerning
64-bit stream support :( I know that there is a class in turbopower's
tpipro, unit IPSTRMS.PAS, but as far as I recall 64-bit issues were not
handled. Also I recall that Primoz Gabrijelcic (http://gp.17slon.com/index.htm)
had a huge stream class, but I can't find it at the moment at his
site (by the way, it was too huge for implementing it 1 to 1 into ICS).