> >> You need to have a Windows _server_ version to support
> >> 1000 simultaneous connections.

> > I wonder what the limitations on workstation versions are?
> > A few hundreds?

> There is no limitation. The difference is that
> the server versions will
> hadle more efficient this kind of huge IO.

Not sure. I think a workstation is limited to a something around one hundred.
This parameter is
governed by registry keys.
See the document http://asg.web.cmu.edu/orpheus/msdocs/wp/nt5tcpip.doc, page 65
the chapter
"Parameters Configurable Using hte Registry Editor" and also the following
chapters.
There are also a number of other information source such as MSDN (for example
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158474). Search google
with: tcp/ip registry
settings

--