> Should ICS be responsible for domain/user parsing out of a single property
> or should a new property with domain added ?

I think not, unless the component itself test for the combination that 
works.

PAul

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Francois PIETTE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] NTLM authentication reloaded


>> That is what I ment also. Now the question is that should or should not
>> ICS allow other separators than backslash?
>
> Should ICS be responsible for domain/user parsing out of a single property
> or should a new property with domain added ?
>
>> And the second question that on the proxy authentication
>> part should we use the same technique?
>
> I think so altough I have nothing to test.
>
> --
> Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.overbyte.be
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Tibor Csonka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
> Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:18 AM
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] NTLM authentication reloaded
>
>
>> That is what I ment also. Now the question is that should or should not
>> ICS allow other separators than backslash?
>> And the second question that on the proxy authentication part should we
>> use the same technique?
>>
>> Personally I didn't saw usernames like [EMAIL PROTECTED] until now in 
>> windows.
>> Paul, can you give me examples, where you can configure Proxy/Web server
>> with NTLM in the way you pointed out?
>>
>> Francois PIETTE wrote:
>>
>>>>It seemes to me that you have the same problem as me. Try to separe the
>>>>user and the domain. If it works let me know so I can patch the proxy
>>>>part of NTLM auth too.
>>>>Without domain the user will not be authenticated, I tried.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>I think you are right. Since NtlmGetMessage3 has provision for domain
>>>name,
>>>it should be put there and not embed it into the username. Embedding
>>>domain
>>>in username is just a convenient way of doing it for the application user
>>>interface. At the lowest level, in the NTLM messages, domain should be
>>>written where it belongs to.
>>>--
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>http://www.overbyte.be
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> -- 
>> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
>> please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
>> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be
>
> -- 
> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
> please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be
>
> 

-- 
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

Reply via email to