Hello,

Think  that  ICS  is  fully  asynchronous  and  event  driven,  it's a
different  approach  comparing  to Indy or other Socket components and
also comparaing to RS232 programming where synchronous mode is usual.

With  ICS  (server or client mode) you can make or receive thousand of
connexions.  All  data  received  will  simply  trigger an event. If a
socket break, then you'll be also event triggered.

So  you  manage incoming data in the event, no need to sleep or create
one  thread  per  connexion  but  you could create a worker thread for
lengthly operations that would slow down event loops.

Also  when you send data you send them all and let ICS "really" finish
the  sending  and  trigger DataSent event so you could send "a bit" of
data and send more at each OnDataSent.