Hello,

Thanks for pointing out that I can retrieve the last response from the
server, I didn't realise Cwd results came just as a response and not as an
event.

Ok so this is what happens:

HostDirName = '1\2\3\';
Cwd; // No Failure

HostDirName = 'a\b\c\d\';
Cwd; // ERROR: 550 a\b\c\d\ : The system cannot find the path specified.

But when I reverse the order of the directories:

HostDirName = 'a\b\c\d\';
Cwd; // No Failure

HostDirName = '1\2\3\';
Cwd; // ERROR: 550 1\2\3\ : The system cannot find the path specified.

The path obviously exists.  This error only seems to occur with directories
3 or more levels deep, and  happens regardless of which server I test it on.

Like I said previously the following code seems to fix this problem some of
the time:

if not(Cwd) then
  begin
    Quit;
    Connect;
    HostDirName := SubDir;
    Cwd;
  end;

Can anyone suggest anything else I could try?

Cheers

Rick