Send code examples.

My guess is that you are in directoy 1\2\3 and then attempting to CWD to
a\b\c\d without returning to the parent directory first, so that you are
really trying to change to directory 1\2\3\a\b\c\d without realizing it.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
-------------------------------------
NLM Software
Southfield, MI, USA
-------------------------------------

If you get today's work done today, but do it in a way that you can't
possibly get tomorrow's work done tomorrow, then you lose.

On
> Behalf Of rick cusimano
> Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:23 PM
> To: twsocket@elists.org
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] How to handle a failed CWD with FTPClient...
>
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for pointing out that I can retrieve the last response from the
> server, I didn't realise Cwd results came just as a response and not
as an
> event.
>
> Ok so this is what happens:
>
> HostDirName = '1\2\3\';
> Cwd; // No Failure
>
> HostDirName = 'a\b\c\d\';
> Cwd; // ERROR: 550 a\b\c\d\ : The system cannot find the path
specified.

> But when I reverse the order of the directories:
>

> HostDirName = 'a\b\c\d\';
> Cwd; // No Failure
>
> HostDirName = '1\2\3\';
> Cwd; // ERROR: 550 1\2\3\ : The system cannot find the path specified.
>

> The path obviously exists.  This error only seems to occur with
> directories
> 3 or more levels deep, and  happens regardless of which server I test
it
> on.
>
> Like I said previously the following code seems to fix this problem
some
> of
> the time:
>
> if not(Cwd) then
>   begin
>     Quit;
>     Connect;
>     HostDirName := SubDir;
>     Cwd;
>   end;
>
> Can anyone suggest anything else I could try?
>
> Cheers
>
> Rick

This e-mail or communication, including any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this
prohibited.  If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and permanently
delete all copies,
electronic or other, you may have or from your computer. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution,
reliance or use of the contents or information received in error is strictly
prohibited.

The foregoing applies even if this notice is imbedded in a message that is
forwarded or attached.