>A domain name can't be used if there is no DNS server delivering IP
> addresses for it.
> Of course it can exists on paper but it is of no use to access any
> service.

Hi Fancois,

I suspected as much. However, in this case, the existence of the domain on
paper is also important - the purpose of the program is to generate all
possible domain names based around a set of keywords, and then check to see
if the domain has already been registered. The idea is to save me trying out
dozens of permutations before I find a domain name that I like and that is
available. I guess the only way to be sure is to eliminate all the
unavailable domains and then do a whois on the remainder?

Rob.