From: "Dave Baxter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Idea about forming a new mailing list

: >From personal experience.
:
: I'm a registered user of several Yahoo mailing list's, and it's a pain!
: They regularly get hit with spam, and-or the address lists are hacked
: and then used outside of Yahoo by www spammers.  Not just my suspicions
: either, myself and many others have experimented by setting up bogus
: user names, and it's a suprisingly short time (the record for me, was 5
: minutes!) till you get the first spam addressed to the bogus name.
: Unsubscribing yourslef doesn't fix the spam problem either, implying the
: spamers recipient list is no longer part of Yahoo.
:
: Yes, you get email messages, digest delivery a web accessable searchable
: archive, and file area, but at a cost of serious vulnerability to prying
: eyes, many of (at best) unknown intent.
:
: This list here, can send digests, if that is what you want, I use that
: already.  Connect to it's admin web page, log in with your email and
: password, and you can change the way it delivers to you.
:
: Unless you plan to have a 100% moderated Yahoo list (that needs to be
: 24/7) that Francois will willingly partake in, I'd say for now anyway,
: forget it.
:
: Same thing about web based forums.  You get split up too easily wasting
: much time trying to keep up with all the various threds, with email, it
: comes to you, and can be filtered by subject, sender or whatever you
: wish.  Much like a news reader if needed.
:
: Just my six peneth worth....   Keep to the KISS principle.
:
: Dave B.
:
: