Hello bevan,

Is it text file or binary file ?

If  text  file  be  sure  to set binary mode, if not all #13#10 may be
converted  into  #10  if  destination is Unix system so each text line
will loose 1 byte.

regards.

bacn> Sorry, I sent my previous reply directly to you instead of to the list.

>> thanks for the hint, I already looked into the code and - by the way - I
>> find it very well structured. However, one question is left. ThereŽs
>> always spoken about using async components, but in my special case
>>
>> isnŽt it easier to use the respective sync component?

bacn> In this case I think you're right, and I've been known to do that in the
past as well - saves having to worry about implementing timeouts because I
believe there's a timeout parameter for the
bacn> Sync versions of the functions.

>> It is quite simple: IŽm opening a query on a database, iterating through
>> the result set and have to send one mail for each record (= customer). I
>> canŽt advance to the next record until the mail has been delivered, so a
>> sync component would be (possibly?) preferrable. And as far as IŽm
>> understanding it, I can concatenate the sync commands rather than
>> advancing to the next command in OnRequestDone - am I right here?

bacn> Yes, that's right, you can just run one command after the other, possibly
with appropriate error checking as well.

bacn> Regards,

bacn> Bevan Edwards