Hello,

  I am using HttpCli to connect to a server in my application.  Sometimes I
need to use proxy settings, which I can easily detect from IE registry
settings.  My question is that I need to determine if one of the proxy settings
includes a username and password.  How can I query a server to determine if a
username and password is expected?  I only want to display the password dialog
to the user that needs to input that infomation on their specific server.  I
don't want the password dialog to appear when it is not needed.

  Your help is greatly appreciated.

  Thank you.