Hi,
I've noticed this in both V5 and V6 beta:

The problem:
HTTPCli.UserName := '';
HTTPCli.Password := '';
HTTPCli.URL := 'http://server.com/members';
HTTPCli.GetAsync;

Returns 401 Authentication required.
Using the same instance of HTTPCli as above (Ie after the above code):
HTTPCli.UserName := 'username';
HTTPCli.Password := 'password';
HTTPCli.URL := 'http://server.com/members';
HTTPCli.GetAsync;

Returns a StatusCode of 0.

This is due to some data being left in ReceiveBuffer (or rather,
ReceiveLen not being reset to zero). The first header line of the
second call is added after the spurious data, and the status code is
therefore in the wrong place in the buffer.

I've got a work around, by placing
ReceiveLength := 0;
in InternalClear, but I don't understand the authentication part of
the code well enough to know how to fix it properly.

Mike
-- 
http://smallphry.com - The diary of my layout build.
Southern English, 1980s, N gauge with DCC control.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- 
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

Reply via email to