Thank you for the quick reply... especially in support of an old
environment.

I wrestled a bit with your suggestion... no joy. Maybe I
misunderstood. More in a moment.

First a little "horn blowing" to reassure you that you're not dealing
with a complete idiot: I'm delighted to say that I HAVE managed to
install some core elements of ICS in a Delphi 4 / Win98SE
environment. With that, I accomplished the "need it now" job.... but
I'd still like to solve the "Install to Delphi 2 / Win98SE" problem.

You advised that my problem could be because I need to change the
options to have "writable const". I tried... but I don't seem to have
found the right thing. Is this a setting I make to my Delphi? Do I
tweak the code from ics.zip?

The closest candidate I could find was in....

Project - Options

... where there was a tickbox for....

Assignable Typed Constants

... but I could only get into that when I had a project open.

Clarification of your suggestion would be welcome... sorry....

Tom