Sorry I didn't follow up earlier suggestions more quickly... I wanted
to research things further before asking again....

To recap: I'm trying to install ICS on a Win98Se system, for use with
Delphi2. I've done it before... but a while ago... so I MAY be help-
able!...

When I try to install even WSocket, my Delphi refuses, throwing
up....

"Cannot assign to read only property"

... when it hits....

FLogFile.Size:=0

... in ICSLogger.

FLogFile is of type TFileStream, which is a Borland supplied
descendant of TStream, with the "size" property read-only. I don't
think the {+$J} directive is about getting around this sort of thing,
is it? (I did try that route... from several directions... no luck.

My guess: I wonder if ICSLogger is an extra feature, added since the
last time I installed ICS (the time I was successful with D2/Win98!)
And, still guessing, ICSLogger uses something D2 unfriendly.

My hope: I'm wondering if it would be a huge task, or a wreck-the-
basic-features-of WSocket / WSocketE / WSocketS / HttpProt to take
ICSLogger OUT of those ICS components, and get around the can't-
compile-with-D2 problem that way? I presume ICSLogger is something to
log some information as packets travel back and forth? Can I live
without it?

I'm not looking for a promise that I have the skill to take it out...
but if you know it would be a futile exercise which would make any of
the components I mentioned Just Not Work, I'd be grateful to be saved
the time.

Tom