David Perkins wrote:

> 1.  I plan on using the FTP server in a Service app with no main form.
> Does the FTP Server rely on Windows messages at all for it's
> processing?

Yes, like any other ICS component as well. Note that the ICS components
create one or more hidden windows in order to receive event messages
from winsock. ICS events will always trigger in the context of the thread
where the components have been created. If you create the component in
TThread.OnStart or TThread.OnExecute the events will fire in the context
of the service thread which was fine. Define NOFORMS in the project options
in order to get these windows created in a thread-safe manner.
Usually running ICS in a worker thread requires a working message pump,
that's not necessary in the service thread of TThread since there is
one already pumping messages (ProcessRequests).

> 2. Are the events; OnValidxxxx called from the context of the main
> process or a background thread?

By default ICS doesn't create threads, see above.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]