> So I've made the passive port change in the FTP server, and
> installed it on the offending server, need to wait for the logs> tomorrow to
> see if the remote clients are happier.

Using sequential passive ports instead of the same one repeatedly seems
to have fixed my problem.  One client took 30 seconds to upload 15 files
last night, when it was an hour with up 600 failures the previous three
nights.

There don't seem to have been any FTP failures since I uploaded the FTP
server yesterday afternoon, although most traffic is in the early morning
for the previous day's logs which are zipped and uploaded for import into
SQL, so I won't see today's stuff until tomorrow.

Angus