> I'm trying to write a server program to listen to approx 50 ports
> simultaneously.
> Is there a more elegant way than spawning one TSocketServer per port ?

Basically, this is the way to go. Don't worry too much about 50 components
because the code is shared by all components. Onlythe data part is allocated
for each. And you can use the same event handlers for all of your 50
components, provided you correctly make use of the "sender" argument in each
event handler. Sender always refer to the component triggering the event.