Hi All,

Angus and I added UTF-8 support to the TFtpCli V7.
All Delphi versions from D7 to D2009 are supported.
You can download the latest ICS versions from the SVN repositories.
If you don't use a SVN client yet I recommend to give the great
TortoiseSVN a trial. URLs and login infos are available here
http://www.overbyte.be.

BTW: There is a 14 days trial version of Delphi und C++Builder 2009
Architect available at CG: http://cc.codegear.com/free/delphi.

Angus wrote a little HowTo:

"Generally, the OPTS UTF8 or OPTS UTF8 ON command must be sent before most
servers support UTF8 file listings or uploads, and even then it may not
include Unicode characters outside the ANSI codeset.

I've tested four common FTP servers detailed below for UTF8 support, if
anyone is using any other common servers, please let me know so I can
test them.

Microsoft IIS/5 and IIS/6 no UTF8 support, IIS/7 FTP for Windows 2008 was
released March 2008 and finally supports SSL and UTF8, not yet tested.

ICS V6/V7 - does not support UTF8, yet, due real soon

FileZilla Server - fully Unicode capable, defaults to UTF8 ON returning
UFT8 file listings and uploads, but can be disabled with OPTS UTF8 OFF
command when listings revert to ANSI.

WS_FTP Server 6.1.1 - fully Unicode capable, defaults to UTF8 OFF and
returns ANSI file listings, OPTS UTF8 or OPTS UTF8 ON enables UTF8 file
listings and uploads, UTF8 can not be set off so don't send command if
ANSI needed MLST fails with 501 if file name includes a space

RhinoSoft Serv-U FTP Server v7.2 - no Unicode support, defaults to UTF8
OFF but returns UTF8 file listings (with ? for non-supported unicode
characters), OPTS UTF8 ON enables UTF8 uploads.  OPTS UTF8 OFF command
reverts listings to ANSI MLST fails with 550 for file names with any
unicode escaped characters MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS seems to fail for all
files, maybe only those not in root directory (MDTM used to work in
earlier releases)

Gene6 FTP Server v3.10.0 - fully Unicode capable, defaults to UTF8 OFF

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]