Ok, that makes more sense.  And, just to make sure I
understand, here's the sequence of events:

1. IE Sends request without auth information.
2. Server responds with 401 after the headers are
received.
3. IE continues sending whatever was in send buffer
(up to Content-Lenght bytes) but stops when the 401
response is received.
4. Server receives the bad data (whatever IE sent
after the 401 response) and discards it without
problem (up to Content-Length bytes).
5. IE then pauses to ask the user for login information.
6. IE re-sends the request with valid auth
credentials and the entire payload as normal.
7. Server authenticates the connection and accepts
the request.

Is the above accurate?  If so, then what is the
problem?  If the server silently discards the payload
data from the unauthorized request, then surely there
is no problem with HttpCli, unless it is sending more
than Content-Length data and the server is
interpreting the extraneous data as a new request.

   -dZ.

My mistake, there are too many packets in the log.
Actually IE resends everything when it received the
401 response.

--
Arno

Visit our website at  http://www.overbyte.be