From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Francois PIETTE
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:02 AM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] TPop3Cli header...

> I am using V5.
>
> This is all part of automated alarming logic.
>
> I need to verify that some user responded to an alarm email. I just
> need to check the email address against a list.
>
> I see in the header the first line is Return-path: <email address>
>
> Will it be that format/language for all mail servers on the planet. :)

It is not the case. You may evan have no return-path at all.
You should better fook at the "Fom:" line.
By the way, the from line can easily be forged to anything.
You may also have a look at the "Received:" lines. There is one per hop
between sender and receiver. Note that tehre are some variations on what you
can find in the "received:" lines. The lines are in reverse order of hop
traversal. You should find your own ISP on the first line.