Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:

> 2 - Use the SvCom service environment, which allows you to create a
> application that may be run as either a GUI or service.
>
> http://www.aldyn-software.com/svcom.html
>
> I've used this for one new application, and it works nicely, although
> I had to fix a couple of SvCom bugs to make it work.  Support is also
> sporadic.

That seems to be the nature of all russian hacks _I_ tried
so far :(

> My application (ComCap) has a tick box that self installs
> or deinstalls itself as a service, and allows itself to be run as a
> service and GUI at the same time, with a socket sending data for
> display from the service, and sending back commands.
>
> Sorry, don't know if Arno's DDService has the same ability,

No it has not, it's 'simply' a extension of TService and
TServiceAplication.
Wilfried provides a very nice example/class on his website which
demonstrates how easy it is to run the same application as a GUI or
as a NT service. URL: http://www.mestdagh.biz or download the source
directly from: http://www.mestdagh.biz/delphi_comp/service.zip.

--
Arno