Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > I'm against to write into the registry from a demo application.
>
> OK, so nobody likes the suggestion :(

Personally I think that registry keys should be created/removed by setup,
otherwise they will remain forever.
IIRC Microsoft guide lines (from XP?) are to use ini files instead the registry
for purpose like this.
Registry has enough waste inside, hasn't it? :-)

> > I agree with Angus points.
> > As work around, can you transform the unicode strings to UTF-8 before
> > write it into the ini file?
>
> That's IMO not worth the effort, I was searching for a very simple
> solution that took not more than a few minutes to change everything.

What about TStringList using Values property? It is similar to the ini, you lost
only the sections.

Bye, Maurizio.