Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > I'm against to write into the registry from a demo application.
>
> OK, so nobody likes the suggestion :(

Personally I think that creation and remove of registry keys should be done by
program setups. Otherwise they will remain forever.
IIRC Microsoft guide lines say (from XP?) that the ini file should be used
instead the registry in situation like this.
The registry has already enough trash, hasn't it? :-)

> > I agree with Angus points.
> > As work around, can you transform the unicode strings to UTF-8 before
> > write it into the ini file?
>
> That's IMO not worth the effort, I was searching for a very simple
> solution that took not more than a few minutes to change everything.

What about use a TStringList and it Values property? It will be very similar to
an ini file, you only can't have the sections but I don't think they are
important in that case.

Bye, Maurizio.